AboutThis site/blog has been set up for several reasons:
- My daughter and many of her friends have expressed the interest for a Bible study. We have tried to get together, but schedules have made this difficult. So…..I decided to give something different a try. Posting questions they have and having an open forum for discussion. Figuring this would be a site where dialogue can happen with one another.
- What this site is NOT…….
- A venting forum.
- A bashing forum.
- A guilt forum.
- What this site IS……
- A safe place where questions can be posted and answered according to The Word (Bible).
- A research place for answers. The book Letters from a Skeptic comes to mind. A dialogue between a father & son.
Why the site name: AndThatsOkay?
Let me explain…..it is only okay if it does NOT cross the moral line, is listed in the Bible, or if it doesn’t hurt anyone: physically, emotionally or otherwise.
- if you are using a curriculum and it is not working for your child: scrap it…..And that’s OKAY!
- if you don’t home school the same as your best friend, or your daughter’s best friend, or the pastor’s wife…..That’s OKAY!
- if you miss a week of school work due to illnesses, a new baby in the house, or a schedule buster…..That’s OKAY!
- and you can fill in the blanks_______________: but remember—–it’s what the Bible tells us to do or not to do! And it will be OKAY!
What’s NOT okay……
- doing it because it “feels good”, or if everyone else is doing it, but it’s wrong!
- not listening to The Lord
- causing pain to another
- compromising yourself
We live in a world where the “feel good” has become distorted and inappropriate. There is SO much that is OKAY, so give yourself grace, but it needs to be in line with The Lord. He gives us so much freedom!